Meaghan Kilcarr Named Class of 2022 Salutatorian

Meaghan Kilcarr has distinguished herself as an ambitious, enthusiastic, and diligent student who has made an indelible mark at our high school. Meaghan’s success in the classroom is astounding. As a result, she now boasts an impressive 104.053 average, earning her the title of the Class of 2022 Salutatorian. Throughout her time at Floral Park Memorial, Meaghan challenged herself with rigorous coursework, and has taken almost all of the AP courses available to students. Her ambitious nature, innate curiosity and selfless demeanor make her a well-rounded student ready for a memorable and impactful college experience.
Although she has a full caseload of work, Meaghan has proven she is the epitome of a multidimensional student. Meaghan has been a member of Floral Park’s Junior National Honor Society, National Honor Society, World Language Honor Society, Superintendent Student Advisory Board, and the SADD club. She has also played for Floral Park Knights’ volleyball team, lacrosse team, and the district gymnastics team. Outside of school, Meaghan has also been a member of a travel volleyball and soccer team, competed on a competitive gymnastics team, and was asked to be on Senator Kaplan’s Youth Advisory Board this past summer.Meaghan is charitable by nature. She has dedicated her free time volunteering and working in the community. Floral Park hosts an annual fundraiser for breast cancer, Liz’s Day. Not only has Meaghan been a volunteer for over eight years, but she also co-founded a nonprofit called “Teenz Who Care”. Meaghan created jewelry to help fundraise money for Liz’s Day and also organized “Light the Streets of Floral Park Pink” during COVID. Meaghan has also been a volunteer at “Respite Night” for families that have children with special needs. Respite Night allows parents to go out for the night while volunteers supervise, entertain, and host special events for their children. Other organizations and fundraisers that Meaghan has volunteered for are the St. Baldrick’s Fundraiser, MJ Strong Fundraiser, and the annual St.Vincent De Paul Church Holiday Food Delivery.

Meaghan’s hard work ethic and commitment have not gone unnoticed. She has been recognized for her academic achievements as well as her athletic talent. Some of the academic awards she has been awarded are, the 2020 Rensselaer Medal Scholarship Award, an AP Scholar with Distinction, High Honor Roll, Outstanding Academic Achievement Award in AP World & European History, Outstanding Academic Achievement Award in Algebra 2, and Outstanding Achievement Award in Chemistry. For athletics, Meaghan was awarded the Nassau Volleyball Coaches’ Association Scholar Athlete Award, and All Conference in Gymnastics.

On every level, Meaghan is caring, dedicated, humble, and responsible. She has left lasting impressions on staff, teachers, and her peers at Floral Park Memorial High School. It is without doubt that Meaghan will flourish at college and succeed in all her future endeavors.