News from Floral Park Memorial High School

The Shield

The Shield

The Shield

Search

The Shield is now a free mobile app!

Students can now receive the Daily Announcements and Breaking News Updates as Push Notifications on their phone, in addition to being a great way to read The Shield: News from Floral Park Memorial.

Directions to download and install the app
AP US Government and Politics Hallway Mural Project
Carolyn Faggioni June 7, 2024

Students in my AP US Government and Politics classes create a hallway mural as an option for their final project. The quote was selected by the students (choose from a list...

Senior Interview Spotlight:  Samantha Ambrose 
Cara Kelly June 5, 2024

When I was thinking about what to write for what was likely going to be one of my last articles for The Shield, I decided I wanted to write about someone’s experience here....

Senior Reflections
Senior Reflections
June 5, 2024

These past six years have been a whirlwind of growth, challenges, and unforgettable memories that have shaped me into the person I am today.      One of the...

PALs Dance the Night Away
PALs Dance the Night Away
Maya Bergen May 8, 2024

The annual PALs dance was held in the Fpm back gym on April 18th. Students from the district dressed up and had a lot of fun together. There was pizza, sweets, a photo op...

Understanding Autism
Understanding Autism
Cara Kelly May 8, 2024

Autism spectrum disorder is a disease we don’t really know a lot about. There are many studies currently going on trying to learn about ASD and its causes or effects. ASD...

FBLA Students Have Successful Trip to Rochester

Last week, FBLA students Matthew Bakhsh, Ayushi Das, Aaminah Khondker, and Andres Pena Avila travelled to Rochester NY to participate in the annual State Leadership Conference.  We are pleased to announce that our students successfully competed in the “Electronic Career Portfolio” as well as “Introduction to Emerging Business Issues” events, placing 2nd and 3rd respectively.  The business department is proud of their diligence and continued commitment to their studies and to FBLA.  Well done!!