Seventh Graders Enjoy A Fun Night at Dance

The first dance for the class of 2020 is a success

Thomas Kenna, Editor-in-Chief

“But first, let me take a selfie.” That line, along with many others, was heard on Friday, September 19th at the Seventh Grade Dance. Student Council ran the event, selling tickets during lunch periods the week before and decorating the cafeterias after school that Friday. The cafeterias looked beautiful.

Then, around six o’clock, students were allowed to enter through the back entrance to the school and were met at the ticket table by the welcoming faces of Mrs. Mason and Mrs. Faggioni, along with other faculty members. They proceeded down the long corridor towards Cafeteria B in excitement. They were ready to dance.

Those little seventh graders danced to their hearts’ content. They joined student council in a conga line around the cafeteria and even formed a dance circle in front of the DJ stand. Later, everyone danced along to the Cotton-Eyed Joe, the Dougie, and the Cha-Cha Slide. It appeared that the attendees were thoroughly satisfied with the night’s festivities.

Perhaps the best part of the night was the food. Student Council provided pizza from King Umberto’s. Seventh graders were then invited to walk from Cafeteria B into Cafeteria A, picking up a slice along the way. Water and soda were plentiful in Cafeteria A.

Dancing resumed after the food. The DJ that night did a great job. He played a variety of throwbacks, including Miley Cyrus’s 2009 hit, “Party in the USA”, and current music, like Meghan Trainor’s current No.1 hit, “All About that Bass.” With 140 tickets sold and a great time had by everyone, the Seventh Grade Dance was a tremendous success.