Junior High Students Create Spirited Phineas and Ferb Hallway

Giuliana DePaola, Junior High Staff Writer

On Friday September 23, the hallways were buzzing with excitement. Each grade was working on painting, gluing, and hanging up their handmade decorations for Spirit Day. As I walked around the first floor, people were working everywhere, bringing their iconic cartoon theme to life. The halls were filled with creativity as students spent the evening working on their hallway. I worked on the class of 2026/2027 hallway, where the theme was Phineas and Ferb. Mrs. Campagna and Mrs. Curcio were helping a bunch of kids paint, hang up streamers and blow up balloons to bring our theme to life. My friends and I spent our time painting for a while, then walked around to see what other people were doing. All the characters came out amazing! Each character was detailed and accurate, and I was in awe at how much the artwork resembled the characters I have been watching on TV since I was little. Some of the taller 8th graders were standing on chairs to hang streamers across the hallway as well. The hallway echoed with excited chatter and collaborative effort, which definitely paid off in the end. Decorating the hallway was so much fun, and the finished product on Friday was incredible. It blew my mind how much we accomplished in one afternoon. It worked out better than I could have imagined, and the mix of talent showed in the art all over the walls. I had a blast helping my class and I can’t wait to see what next year’s hallways will look like!