FPM’s Drama Club Productions Showcase Student Talent

Kiera Connolly, Junior High Staff Writer

The 7-9 and 10-12 grade Drama Club Productions took place in the auditorium on November 18th, 19th and shows for the 8th and 7th graders on the 23rd and 24th. The shows were Paper or Plastic (Senior High play) and the Trial of Goldilocks (Junior High play). Last year because of COVID-19 there were no show at FPM and this was my first indoor show since 4th grade. There were some Covid restrictions like trying our best to say 6 feet apart and wearing clear masks. Both plays practiced really hard to make the show a success and I can proudly say it was.

The Junior High play: The Trial of Goldilocks. Though it was hard memorizing the lines, getting the props/costumes, working with the masks with the mics to try to make sure they weren’t muffled, I think we can all agree the play was a huge success. There were the amazing roles of Goldilocks, Mama and Papa bear, Twin baby bears, Judge, Clerk, Defense attorney, prosecutor and jurors. The play was about the fairytale Goldilocks and the three bears. Goldilocks was on trial for breaking and entering, and destruction of property but she thought the bears and the rest of the animals were trying to eat her. Later they were all found guilty, even the defense attorney and the prosecutor for telling tales. The bears promised to always lock the door, Goldilocks promised to be careful and the lawyers promised to never exaggerate. The verdict was Goldilocks had to repair everything she broke, the bears had to make Goldilocks feel at home for the week she was at their house, and the lawyers became clerks and judges for a week.

Senior High play: Paper or Plastic. I am sure it was hard memorizing the lines, getting the props/costumes, working with the masks with the mics to try to make sure they weren’t muffled, I think we can all agree the play was a huge success. For most of the senior high this was their first play since 2019! There were amazing roles of Sarah(cashier), Carl(assistant manager), store announcers, Cart hunter, other cashier, Cart hunter’s assistants, Little Sam, thief, social worker lady, hippies, cowboy, alien lady, Angus, and background shoppers. The main character was Sarah. She was looking for a job and found one at Puritan foods. Everyone told her to watch out for but she had no clue who Angus was and no one told her. As cashier she met many weird people and sent them to the assistant manager. When she sent people to the assistant manager she would have to map the freezer because he didn’t want to do his job. The play ended with her wanting to quit her job but Angus told her not to and she met who Angas was.

Both of these performances were great. For many this was their first in person play since 2019! There were many Covid processions to ensure your safety. Great job to all the performers!