Welcome To Tunes On Tuesdays!

Student Council hopes to bring some excitement to the school-day routine with musical inspiration

Shane Palma, Sports Editor

Mondays are tough with it being the first day of that long school week, but you should be well rested coming off of the weekend. Wednesday is hump day, you’re already half way to the weekend! By the time you get to Thursday, you’re probably wondering how you’ve survived this far and can’t wait for it to become….. Friday! You’ve made it, the weekend is finally here and it’s time to relax. But there’s that one day that you’re just not sure how to feel, and that one day is Tuesday. It’s kind of like being stuck between a rock and hard place; being the most difficult day to get through. That’s why Student Council has decided to create Tunes on Tuesday!

Tunes on Tuesday will take place every week on Tuesday (obviously). In between periods throughout the school day, students will be able to hear music as they make their way to class. Each week, there will be a new playlist selected by Student Council, which will vary by genre, decade, culture, and style. One week might be holiday songs while the next can be a blast from the past with jams from the 80s! The music will be played using a stereo speaker set, improving its quality and volume. Many teachers who I spoke to were excited for the change and feel that it will wake up the students and give them that extra boost throughout the school day.

Tunes on Tuesday will begin on December 12th and continue for the rest of the year. We are thrilled to bring music to the school in a way like never before!