Jacob Sinanan Named Class of 2021 Valedictorian

Jacob Sinanan has strived for and achieved academic success in all of his classes, earning him the prestigious title of Valedictorian for the Class of 2021.  Jacob will graduate this upcoming June having achieved an impressive GPA of 102.84, earning an Advanced Regents Diploma with Honors designation.  Throughout his journey at Floral Park Memorial High School, Jacob has dedicated himself tirelessly to both his studies and extracurricular activities.  He has not only earned final grades above 94 in all of his classes, he has also reached mastery level on every Regents exam he has taken.  His respectful and kind demeanor, unparalleled work ethic, and passion for learning are just a few of Jacob’s many amazing attributes that will undoubtedly allow him to succeed in all his future endeavors.

Jacob began taking Floral Park’s advanced course offerings in the 8th grade.  He continued to challenge himself and since his Freshman year, Jacob has taken twelve Advanced Placement courses and thirteen advanced courses.  Not surprisingly, Jacob earned the honor of being named a National Merit Scholarship Semi-Finalist.

Jacob’s focus on academics has not eclipsed his role as an active part of the Floral Park School community. Over the years, he was a member of our competitive Mathletes club and his former math teacher has said that Jacob is a “mathematical genius.”  Jacob was also a member of Floral Park High School’s Computer Programming Club and Secretary of the Chess Club. Outside of school, Jacob’s interests and hobbies include coding, reading and, playing basketball and chess.

Jacob embodies a student and person that makes school counseling rewarding. He has distinguished himself in every way as an outstanding student and individual.

He is an exemplary model of academic prowess and diligence. It is my professional privilege to recognize him as Valedictorian for the Class of 2021.