Are You Ready For Some Fantasy Baseball?

The Shield’s Sports Editor takes a look at his new fantasy baseball website as Spring Training starts up

Shane Palma, Sports Editor

Where are all of the hard-core baseball fans at Floral Park Memorial High School? Fantasy baseball season is fast approaching.

The time for drafting, ranking, strategizing, and scheming is here once again. Now imagine this scenario. You are an average baseball fan who is having a conversation with your friends about the upcoming MLB season. One of your buds then exclaims that you should all be in a fantasy league together, and without thinking, you say yes and immediately begin the trash talking. Well, it turns out the draft is one day away, and you have no idea what you just got yourself into. Where should you turn? ESPN? CBS? Yahoo? No, those are all too mainstream. If you really want to hit a home run, why not try a newcomer to the world of fantasy baseball advice… Strike 3 Fantasy Baseball!

Strike 3 Fantasy is an incredible new and up-to-date website run by myself and three other amazing writers: Kyle, Robert, and Elle. Not only does Strike 3 provide users with in-depth articles on players and teams, but our website also ranks the top players at each position. From third basemen to relievers to the big overall rankings, Strike 3 has it all.

With baseball just getting underway, there is still plenty more to come. Wondering who to pick up, drop or trade? Check out the HOT or NOT section for weekly updates. Feel like listening to news rather than read it? You’re in luck because the Strike 3 Podcast is coming soon. Trying to decide who you’d rather start or sit that day? Email us questions and we’ll be sure to respond.

I’ve made websites before, but none have come close to what Strike 3 has become. I feel that the more people find out about this site, the more we can offer in the future. Fantasy baseball is probably the difficult of sports to keep up with due to the length of the season and number of positions to research. But it is also the most exciting and rewarding. Want to draft an all Mets team? Go for it! Trying to out-slug the competition and create a powerhouse outfield? Well you better include Giancarlo Stanton and Aaron Judge. Fantasy baseball may be challenging, but you can’t knock it until you try it. And if you decide to join a league, head over to Strike 3 Fantasy for all your baseball needs! “We’ll help you paint the corners and strike out the competition!”

Go to strike3fantasy to check out the site.